HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 5

From:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:15:13 -0400
Hello List Members,

If you remember I had trouble with the new date intrinsics that HP
provided in PP4. Since Jeff Vance forwarded my message to HPCSY there
has been some resolution. First, let me say that Gopi at CSY has worked
fast at getting this resolved.

So, as far as the error I was getting, the recommendation that is not in
the documentation, is that you should initialize all output string
variables (character arrays) with blanks. HP has also fixed the wrong
error message associated with the output parameter. There was also a bug
in HPDATEFORMAT which has been fixed. Gopi said that there will be a
patch released in a week or so.

This has to be the best experience with getting an answer and a fix,
that I have ever had with HP.

John Zoltak
North American Mfg Co