HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 4

From:
"Denys P. Beauchemin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:25:20 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
I do not know if this has been answered yet.  However, you are looking at a
major upgrade.  You will have to replace the mobo as your current one does
not support Slot 1.  You currently have a Socket 7 mobo, probably a 440FX
or older design.

The format of your mobo is the question.  The vast majority of 440LX mobos
come in ATX format.  Your current mobo is probably a baby AT format.

Actually, the current issue of PC magazine or PC World has an article of
this subject.  They did say they had lots of trouble finding a baby AT
440LX mobo, but they found one from an off-brand company.  When I get back
to the office, I can try to look that up for you.

The various other components will work for you, regardless of the mobo
format, save, I believe, for the power supply.  You will need to get one
which is compatible with ATX mobos, if that is what you end up getting.  Of
course, with an ATX mobo, you will need to get a new case also.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP America, Inc.
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
denys at hicomp.com                             www.hicomp.com