HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 4

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 06:43:00 -0700
     I think the Adager Change Date function may do what you want, with
     very little effort.

     shawn

Subject: Re: HP dates and Suprtool
Author:  [log in to unmask] at Internet-Mail
Date:    4/27/98 4:58 PM

Hi Bruce,

I don't know the detail of what you are doing,
you can use one of the following methods to handle the calendar field:

1- The item command in suprtool can be used to ext calendar date:
   item cal-date,date,calendar

2- extact command for numeric expression(bit extract the calendar field).

3- the export command also handles the calendar field.

Michael

Bruce wrote:
Hello to anyone who can help. I need to convert dates (in HP date format) to a
regular calendar date within Suprtool so I can work on populating some new
century date fields. For example, the HP date for 4/27/98 is 50293. Does anyone
know how to convert 50293 into 980427 so I can then add the century to the front
end? Thanks in advance.