HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 4

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James B. Byrne
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 15:25:03 -5
Can anyone tell me if HP fixed the problem with their ftp client
implementation in PP4 for 5.5, or do I have to go back to my
archives and retrieve a copy of the 5.0 ftp client?

Thanks,
Jim

P.S.

I got a call last week from somebody working for a PR firm that
is doing something for HP on the 3000.  I was quite enthused
until they started asking me why I didn't "UPGRADE" to a 9000!
When I replied that it was for the same reason that I wouldn't
UPGRADE a Peterbilt to a Honda I seemed to lose them.

Oh well.  It seems to me that only people that really understand
what HP does are the ones that design the gear and the ones that
use it.  Everyone else seems to just be going with the flow.

Regards,
Jim
---
James B. Byrne                Harte & Lyne Limited
vox: +1 905 561 1241          9 Brockley Drive
fax: +1 905 561 0757          Hamilton, Ontario
mailto:[log in to unmask]  Canada L8E 3C3