HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 4

From:
CECILE CHI <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CECILE CHI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 06:38:53 EDT
I don't know Business Basic, so I can't help here.
We know from this year's IPROF that HP did not test the date intrinsics
in any languages except Pascal and Cobol (and probably C, since I
think that's what they are written in).  There are specific intrinsics that
don't work in specific languages; I've identified one that doesn't work in
Transact and some others that don't work for certain date types in Fortran.

I'm developing a list of what works and what doesn't in Transact and
Fortran; maybe someone could collect this information for all languages.
(Ron Seybold?  The latest Newswire has a sample Cobol program
showing how to use the intrinsics in that language.)  HP should really
provide this info, and fix the intrinsics so they work right in all
languages, but we know how slowly fixes come from HP.  In the
meantime, we need to know what works and what doesn't, and how
to use the intrinsics in whatever languages are used where we're
working.

Cecile Chi   ([log in to unmask])