HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 3

From:
Patrick Santucci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Santucci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:17:23 -0500
Paul, I've been using a command file I wrote years ago to issue R1
commands from the 3000.

USER DEFINED COMMAND FILE:  R1.PUB.SYS

ANYPARM R1CMD=' '
IF "!R1CMD" = "' '" THEN
  ECHO Invalid command format.  Must be a Reflection command.
  RETURN
ELSE
  SETVAR R1COMMAND "!R1CMD"
ENDIF
ECHO  <esc>&oC!R1COMMAND     <-- Careful here, this isn't how esc looks
SET ECHO=OFF                     on a 3000 -- I had to improvise for
INPUT R1STATUS                   this email.
IF R1STATUS <> "S" THEN
  ECHO R1 Command failed!
ENDIF
SET ECHO=ON
DELETEVAR R1STATUS
DELETEVAR R1COMMAND
--
You can then issue (from another command file if you like):

:R1 HARDEXIT

And Reflection automagically goes away!  If you have a network (NS/VT or
Telnet) connection you can set Disconnect on Exit and it will not be a
problem. If you have a serial connection you might have to invoke a
command file (RCL) that does a DISCONNECT and then a HARDEXIT:

:R1 LOGMEOFF

Where LOGMEOFF.RCL does:

Set LITERAL-ESCAPE "\\"
Set CAPS-LOCK YES
;Need the following to get out of the command
;file and return to the CI
Wait 00:00:03
Transmit "S^M"
Hold For "^Q"
Transmit "BYE^M"
Hold For "^JCPU="
DISCONNECT
HARDEXIT
;Next line is unnecessary, but I always end my RCL's properly:
RETURN

Hope this helps.

Patrick
--