HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 3

From:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:40:29 -0500
Alfredo wrote:

After I wrote:

> >Does this mean I like the PC better?  HA!  I do like doing Word, Excel,
> >Outlook, Reflection and printing on the PC, and I like doing real
> >database-application work on the 3k.
>

> Have you gentlemen tried these "new disk drive" tasks on a Macintosh?  Or
> any other task, for that matter?
>
> Do people *HAVE* to use PCs even though they hate them?  The
> Germans have a
> wonderful saying, "Kein Mensch muss müssen", which I have never been able
> to translate effectively into any other language.  It might be a good
> exercise for you to study this wise saying in depth :-)
>
> Anyhow, both of you have my sympathy.

Alfredo,

Please re-read my original post.  I did not say I did not like the PC.  In
fact, I said, "I do like .... on the PC."  I also said that adding a new
drive on the PC was easy, which it is.  What I did say was that I did not
like the PC better than the 3000.  I like them about the same, depending on
what work I'm doing.

By the way, you imply that replacing a drive on the MAC is easy, since
that's the subject of the day.  How do you replace the drive(s) (that
contain the OS) without losing data?

LB