HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 3

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 10:48:36 -0800
Jacek Piskorz writes:

>>> Jacek Piskorz <[log in to unmask]> 04/21/98 01:57am >>>
Hi
How can I get password by intrinsic for account, group and user.
-----
Jacek Piskorz
There is no simple intrinsic call that will return the passwords for any
arbitrarily entered user, group and account.  I have been asking for such
an intrinsic for years, to no avail.  I use the kludge method of doing a
LISTUSER, LISTGROUP and LISTACCT with the :PASS option, into files
and then reading the files to get the passwords.

I have a COBOL subprogram that will work for MPE/iX and MPE/V.  It will
take a user, group and account as input and return the three passwords,
subject to normal MPE security.  E-mail me privately if you want it.

Mike Berkowitz
Guess? Inc.