HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 3

From:
Carl Sitherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 07:16:20 -0400
     Charles,

     We have a handful of machines which run session loads that high and
     more.  There are a number which run connections over a thousand via
     sockets.  As you would expect, the ability to do this depends on what
     those 800 users want to do.  An application can support that and more
     if it does not demand a large quanity of resources (CPU, disc, or
     memory); one that does could bury the largest system with just a
     couple users. Also, if you have a multi-processor system, it will help
     greatly if the application is not single threaded and can take
     advantage of the extra chips.

     Regards,
     Carl Sitherwood
     HP, Atlanta