HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 3

From:
Jim Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:12:18 GMT
Hello Rick,

Re: What release of MPE/iX was the infamous PING of Death fixed under?

The Ping-O-Death (as it has come to be called) is fixed in all "supported"
MPE/iX release's (5.0 and 5.5).  If you do not allready have this fix
installed, you can contact your friends at the RC and pick up a PowerPatch
or ask for the current General Release "NST" patch.

        I hope this helps!

Regards,

James Hofmeister
Hewlett Packard
Worldwide Technology Network Expert Center
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.

Rick Feldmann ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: I know this was discussed a long time ago.
: But I was just wondering.

: What release of MPE/iX was the infamous PING of Death fixed under?

: TIA

: Rick Feldmann
: email : [log in to unmask]
: www : www.erols.com/feldmann