HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 3

From:
Bill Lancaster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Lancaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:57:04 -0400
Hi all,

Apparently 5.5 PP4 introduced a problem that if you have DTC's and you
don't have the SQE switch enabled, handshaking will be satisfied on the
3000, to permanent disk files on ldev 1.  This can create an exorbitant
amount of physical disk I/O.  At the customer site I am currently at this
manifested in the form of 60+ I/O's (writes) per second to ldev 1,
completely flooding the disk.

The "fix" is to turn on the SQE switch on the DTC tranceiver.  Can anyone
think of a situation where it shouldn't be turned on anyway???

Just a heads up...

Bill Lancaster