HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 3

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 20:21:49 -0700
OK, so I lied when I said I didn't have any immediate plans to work on Tcl.

I had a spare hour today, and was able to produce a clean compile with no
unresolved externals.

A bunch of the validation tests that exercise tclsh either fail or hang.  But
many pass OK.

Since I know nothing about the Tcl language, it's beyond the scope of my
knowledge to investigate the individual test failures.  If there are any Tcl
users out there that want to pick up where I left off, you can find my work at:

        ftp://ftp.cccd.edu/pub/mpe/tcl-8.0-mpe-alpha.tar.Z
        or
        http://www.cccd.edu/ftp/pub/mpe/tcl-8.0-mpe-alpha.tar.Z

That's a source-only distribution.  You will need gcc to compile it.  I made
a few manual changes to tcl8.0/unix/Makefile *after* running configure, so
if you re-run configure, those Makefile changes will be lost.  Simply cd
into tcl8.0/unix and type "make" to compile, then "make test" to test.

I didn't have to make any changes to any .c source files.  You do need to link
with libbsd.a from jazz though.
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/