HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 3

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 15:52:40 -0400
Denys says,

> I checked a system here in the office which has Windows 95.  It runs
> Windows 95B AKA OSR2.  I did not find an entry for the AT&T Paradyne card
> in the Add New Hardware control panel applet.  There are other
> AT&T PC-card
> modems, but not that one.  This does not necessarily mean it is not
> compatible, but it does mean you will need at the very least an .INF file
> from the manufacturer.  You might also use a default PC-Card modem, this
> might work.  However, a quick search for drivers for this card on the web
> came up with the information that they do not exist.  My usual
> sources also
> do not indicate that you can use another set of drivers for this card.

If it's not listed (and it's not as of the latest Win95, as Denys said) -
there should be a diskette with the card with the appropriate Information
Files (<something>.INF) on it.

Some of these diskettes are broken out into directories for different
operating systems, so look for something like WIN95, W95, etc.

If you can't find Win95, look for WIN32, and as a last resort (which may not
work), WinNT 4.0.

If there is no diskette - then use the "Generic Modem" and test that, to tie
you over - then go to AT&T's site (or the manufacturer) and see if they have
a driver you can download for your card.

Best,
Joe