HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 2

From:
Sletten Kenneth W <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sletten Kenneth W <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 20:37:32 -0700
Yesterday:   Ken Vickers after Stan after Jeff:

> I had assumed that the removal of the check box against
> SR was revenge on me continually complaining that I had
> 100% failure rate in finding any of the SR's which I have
> had submitted (some of which I have actually received that
> PATCHES for!!).

Don't feel alone:  I finally gave up checking for my SR on the
problem with doing a Mode 6 Backward Chain read against an
indexed AUTO when I got the patch tape with the fix.  Attaboy
(attaperson ??...  somehow that just doesn't sound right....)
to the HP R&D Database Lab for their quick response in getting
out a patch for this problem...   And attaboy to the HP Expert
Center person I worked with on my call to the RC;  not only
did he do a good job categorizing and confirming the problem,
he tried hard to find out why the SR was missing in action at
the ESC...  he couldn't figure out why it wasn't there either;
we both gave up...

Let's hope Jeff is right, and this is a prelude to a big
improvement....  hope *might* triumph over experience....

Ken "breath not being held yet" Sletten