HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 2

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:46:05 -0400
James Reynolds wrote:

> I need your advice.... Heres what I've got..
> My 928 has 5.5 loaded on it... FOS/SLT only.   I have remaining..  a
> SubSys Tape (which came in today)..  and Express 3 tape...and the
> Powerpatch 4 tape..

Depends on the "flavor" of the Subsys and Express 3.  If the subsys tape
is just turbostore, and the 'express 3' is just patches, you can do this
in one step... restore [log in to unmask] from PP4 and use Patch/iX for
doing an add-on subsys and powerpatch using the PP4 tape (they are
cumulative).  Just don't attempt Patch/iX with anything other than the
PP4 version of Patch/iX.

If your subsys is more 'cumulative' but Exp 3 is still powerpatch only
(express 3 is the one that ended up being, technically, a powerpatch as
I recall) you can skip Exp 3 and again perform the above.

If you have subsys components on your 'express 3' you'll have to do
multiple steps as you originally presumed.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>