HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 2

From:
Glenn Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 11:21:54 -0700
Stan writes:
> I'd swap the Acc and Code columns ... users are used to seeing the CODE
> just after the filename.

then Gavin:
> But they're used to seeing the access flag first.  Also the access
> information is more dynamic information and shuffling it into the
> static file information makes no sense to me.  I'd say it could be
> added to the end of the line, but there it's too hard to associate
> with the filename, so I think it is best where it is: next to Name.

When I first saw the proposed LISTF display, I initially had Stan's
thoughts.  After a few moments, I had Gavin's (minus the bit about
moving to the end of the line).

Finally, I figured

   1. the "access" field appears rarely
   2. the "access" field is short

so the bottom line is the same as Gavin's:  keep it next to the Name.

FWIW.

--Glenn