HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 2

From:
Jim Fennell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Fennell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 16:51:32 -0400
Leonard,

We have been able to retrieve and display data from an IMAGE database using
Java applets running on a PC. We haven't gotten to coding the update portion
of the Java yet, but it's on the way. We were initially using M.B. Foster's
ODBC drivers, because we had them on our development machine. On Friday, I
was playing around with ODBCLINK/SE, the version that comes with the F.O.S.
in MPE/iX 5.5 and got that working with Microsoft Access & Crystal Reports.
So I imagine it will work with the Java applets as well. We were doing
updates from Microsoft Access, so I anticipate the updates will work from
Java.

We're using the JDBC-ODBC bridge to accomplish this. Be aware of the
restrictions that this imposes on you, primarily that the ODBC drivers must
be installed on every PC in order for this to work.

Hope that helps,

Jim Fennell
InterPay, inc.