HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 2

From:
Dave Debus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Debus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:27:24 -0600
Hi all

    My Friday was going great and we were all doing the SAMBA and
printing huge marketing reports when all of my WIN95 users began to get
errors saying that the printer
was not available. When they tried to connect to the server and logon to
thier shares, they
would get a message stating that the network was busy or that the share
was inaccessible
depending on how they tried to contect. (Network Neighborhood or Windows
Explorer).
If I try to do a 'find computer' in Explorer, I get not found. I have no
problems with my
NT 4.0 Workstation and can continue conecting and printing. I have debug
level at 2 ( to
save alittle disck space) and I see the following entry each time a
WIN95 user tries to
connect :       Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. Exiting.     Can
anyone lend a hand???