HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 1

From:
Chris Breemer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 18:09:37 +0100
Michael Kennett wrote:

> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main()
> {
>    printf("Hello World!\n");
>    return 0;
> }
>
> If I issue the command
>
>         c89 -o hello hello.c -lc
>
> everthing seems to compile, and I am left with an executable (?)
> file hello. However, trying to run this program gives the error
>
> **** EXEC FUNCTION FAILED; subsys =517; info = 48
> ABORT: /MMSTST/MK/foodir/hello
> NM SYS   a.00a9d288 dbg_abort_trace+$24
> NM UNKN  15c.0033bf6c
> NM UNKN  814.0004bbd8
> [1] + Done (134) ./hello
>   5505155   Abort ./hello

Oh dear. Reason you're getting no replies is that it's just crazy.
I know how this feels. No error to be seen, it should work, by all
means. You're probably being bitten by some arcane MPE setting, like
a permission problem. You should perhaps submit this to
the ERC (Electronic Response Center). Find them via HP's homepage
http://www.hp.com, I have only the European URL here.
Good luck. Please post a message if you get it working !

--
Kind regards,

        Chris Breemer           [log in to unmask]
        Compuware Europe B.V.   http://www.compuware.com