HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 1

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:50:14 -0800
Dave Vorgang writes:
> Does anyone have any COBOL code examples and/or subroutines to access an MPE
> flat file as a mapped file?

I doubt that it can be done today using just COBOL; I use Pascal for my mapped
file applications.  Why do you need to access the data mapped?

OTOH, at the IPROF98 SIGCOBOL meeting it was mentioned that the coming
COBOL standard includes pointers, so maybe you would be able to do this
sometime next millenium, if those new COBOL features ever make it into MPE...
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/