HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 1

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:01:55 -0800
well, we made the great jump over the weekend from 5.0 (pp?)
to 5.5 pp4 on our production box.  of course <sigh> this means
i've spent the last two days putting out fires and trying to chase
quite a collection of skeletons around :-)

we noticed two (and there are probably more) changes: one
in ftp, the other in store.

in ftp, if you turn 'exitonerror' on and you do a delete or
rename that fails, then 'exitonerror' activates (if that's a
good way of saying it...) and stops ftp.  prior to this, a
failing delete or rename generated a warning (or something
that didn't cause exitonerror to activate...).

in store, if you try to store a file that doesn't exist then
storejcw is set to 7.  it use to be left at 0.

i recognize that these are 'tightening up' issues but folks are
wondering *when* this changed and why it was they didn't
know about it prior to the update (does this sound familiar? :-).
i looked in the 5.5 communicators and didn't see anything.
this makes me think the changes came out during some power
patch to 5.0?  yes?              - d
--
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer