HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 1

From:
Rick LITTLE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick LITTLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 11:27:00 -0400
All this discussion concerning the setting and changing of the system
clocks has started me thinking and that in itself is scary.  Here in Maryland,
USA we just sprang the clocks forward 1 hour to Eastern Daylight Time.

The only process we did was to run the utility SETCLOCK with the parm
of TIMEZONE=W4:00   The system clock moved immediately and the clock which
is read by Speedware also is correct.  AND when I run the program
SHOWCLKS.PUBXL.TELESUP all looks good with GMT and MPE System Time and the
offset.  But, the current value of Time Zone(TZ) variable is NOT ASSIGNED

Am I missing something, why should we concern ourselves with the TZ value?
I do believe this has never been assigned and things seem fine.