HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 1

From:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 19:23:27 GMT
On 31 Mar 1998 13:55:12 GMT, "BDP" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Greetings from Portugal.
>
>Can anyone send me an example of Cobol handling Sockets? I need to build a
>simple client/ server application.
>
> I have successfully used the C examples given by Robby Stamper in
>interact August 1994, but I need to acheive the same thing in Cobol.
>
>I known also that there's an example written by Joe Cygan in interact
>August 1993, but unfortunately i dont have this magazine.

Can you call your C subroutines that DO handle sockets from your COBOL
program? This may be the best solution since you already have the
socket handling working in C.

Mark Landin                   "For anyone who was never good at
T. D. Williamson, Inc.         anything, technology has been a
UNIX Sys. Admin                real boon" --- my mom