HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 1

From:
Costas Anastassiades <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Costas Anastassiades <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 08:14:40 +-300
Hello Joe,

There must be a couple of different versions floating about because :

*My* :) Microsoft Exchange (in place of Internet Mail) does have an "Empty Deleted Items Folder upon exiting" option. But I prefer not to. I have often gone searching thru the Deleted Items using the quite powerful Find mechanism, looking for something I know I read about. It's great. However, yes, if you choose not to automatically delete all read messages, you must occasionally delete them manually. A simple task, sort them by date, and delete 2 or 3 months worth.
Ideally I would like to see this work much like the recycle bin does. i.e. allocate x space for deleted messages and when that fills up start using a FIFO approach.

*My* :) Internet News has the options of "Delete Messages x Days after being Downloaded",  "Don't keep read messages", "Compact Files when there is more than x percent wasted disk space" and File/Clean Up Files...

This is true for my Windows95b home PC. Can't swear for my work Windows95a PC though.

Ehm, this is what you're talking about isn't it ?

Costas Anastassiades,
Athens-Greece