HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 5

From:
Therm-O-Link <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Therm-O-Link <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:33:49 -0500
I have opened an HPRC call for this, so while I am waiting on a
call-back, can anyone give some idea of what's happening here?
When I try to run PSCONFIG I get:

JIM,MANAGER.SYS,PRED 12:23 PM> PSCONFIG
(100) Error accessing the OPSDB

The first-line RC engineer said that message is usually displayed
if PS is not installed on the machine; however, the HPSWINFO file
says it *is* installed.  The system is a 918RX running MPE/iX 5.5,
with no power patches installed.  I *know* PSCONFIG ran in the past
because I have configured the peripherals in it way back when the
system was first installed (almost a year ago), in fact, I was
running PSCONFIG to get the serial numbers for the peripherals
to compare to our support agreement.

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: (330) 527-2124                   P. O. Box 285
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   Garrettsville, Ohio  44231