HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 4

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 03:56:46 +0000
I know someone soon retiring from the navy after 20 years.  He's an admin
person who likes computers, he knows PCs and Office software rather well,
and is quite familiar with dial-up modem situations (but not LANs).

Since he has a few months left and is currently working in the Silicon
Valley, I've advised him to pay a couple thousand bucks to a civilian firm
that teaches software and get certified in something.  (HP is close by,
for example, HP-UX Admin, anyone?  Or should he try for LAN Admin?
Novell?  NT?)

If anyone out there knows of job fitting anywhere near his capability
please drop me a line.  He's expected to get out at the end of June.  He
would like to relocate to (South) New Jersey if possible (because that
is his home of record), but will probably take on any decent job.

He's a bachelor and is (therefore) not tied down by a family.

Tracy Johnson
 Vietnam:  "Missed it by *that* much."