HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 4

From:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:34:30 -0700
John beat me to it. Im not a cobol programmer so I had to ask someone.
Looking in my cobol II/xl manual there is a SPECIAL-NAMES section.
I believe someplace there is a reference to C09  for VFC channel 9.
So when you do a print field after advan... end-of-form (is this the
special name?)
the old pcl is emitted.  See page 9-142 same manual (Write)

I would recomend changing code so you could use specialnames like PAGE,
TOP. But if
you are printing footers then maybe checking line count and printing
your own blank lines.

If you have not the source, you could create a TTFILE to use for an
environment, and define
channel 9 to be the escape codes as john mentioned.

If not specified, I believe there is a default TTFILE that is used. Not
sure what it is at the moment.
Note: The TTFILE points to the VFC file that is used. Use TTUTIL.PUB.SYS
to edit them.
* Keven Miller   KC7LYD
* [log in to unmask]   (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA)
* ICQ 5721825