HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 4

From:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:12:42 -0800
  I'll go for a) although I'm a little confused over what the difference is between a) and c).
The original presentation at IPROF for using asterisks as an overflow indicator, and providing
a new mode that does correctly show the true values is adequate.   Anything which potentially
will use >4GB files will get converted to the new mode first, and eventually mode 2 will become
forgotten (too bad all of the single digit modes are now used up!  This new one has the potential
to be the most frequently used).

Regards,
Michael L Gueterman
Easy Does It Technologies
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.editcorp.com
voice: (888) 858-EDIT -or- (509) 943-5108
fax:   (509) 946-1170