HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 4

From:
Therm-O-Link <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Therm-O-Link <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 15:18:08 -0500
Doug:

Even though I am a satisfied MS92 user and even defended MS92
before, I am sorry you seem to feel that attacking Wirt and
AICS will strengthen your position.  I was about to call this
whole discussion one of those Ford/Chevy/Dodge debates where
whatever you like and works for you is the "right" answer.
And then you come back with this scathing attack on AICS.
I'll not defend AICS here because they need no defense.

Sure, MS92 is a lot cheaper than Reflection, but I use Reflection
for dial-up access to my HP, because I can't figure out how to
get MS92 to dial.  On the other hand I can't use Reflection
for NS/VT connections, we use MS92 exclusively for that (I
tried loading Reflection's TCP/IP drivers and it literally
blew Windows 95's TCP/IP and MS92's TCP/IP out of the water -
it does not play well with others).

So, continue to do what Minisoft does well - marketing a
robust termulator for those of us who don't have money
to burn, and let the market place decide if it needs "still
another HP terminal emulator."  You do yourself and your
company a grave disservice by attacking your (would-be)
competitors.

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: (330) 527-2124                   P. O. Box 285
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   Garrettsville, Ohio  44231