HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:10:36 -0500
Hi, everyone!

I am seeking for help from the people who have experience in TRANSACT
langauge in HP3000 (MPE). we got a run-time error from a program
stating:
"Integer Overflow", which is "Processor has detected an overflow in an
integer
arithemetic operation", according to the TRANSACT manual. But my program
des not have integer calculation. That error doesn't appear to be a
correct
one. So my question is, what's the other possibilities that may cause
this
kind of error. Could that be something like internal compiler or
run-time process
allocation error (stack, memory, etc.) that results in such error? If
you
can't help, do you know the e-mail address leading to TRANSACT compiler
design
people in HP company? This error has occurred sporadically for 5 years
in our
applications used in Ford plants, and never been able to resolved. The
error
could not be duplicated at ease.

Thank you very much.

RZHU