HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 3

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:20:59 -0000
This message is being sent not only to SIGWeb, but to HP3000-L as well so
that those who are not signed up for the SIGWeb listserv do see this
information, and have a chance to submit questions.

The following is the agenda set for our 50-minute meeting on Saturday at
IPROF.

Ken:  I cc'd you for your information as chair of SIGCS, which aligns
closely with SIGWeb.

Mike:  I cc'd you for the same reason - SIGJava.

1.  Discussion of the SIGWeb Executive Committee.

This is a result of discussions we have had with our HP Liasons.  We would
like to formalize this Executive Committee, which will work with HP directly
in some cases, as well as third parties, to provide advocacy support as well
as other support that HP and third parties would care to work with us on.

Topics include possible Non-Disclosures and Beta programs with HP and other
issues regarding the SIG itself.

NOTE:  Our GSY Liason will communicate with HP-UX members on this issue,
since a meeting was not held at Interworks this year.

2.  Presentation on the upcoming Netscape Fastrack/iX server - OnOn Hong
(HP)

OnOn has been working as part of the porting team bringin this product to
MPE and has about as much knowledge as anyone.  She will also be presenting
this to the entire IPROF conference afterward, but hear about it first at
the SIGWeb meeting, and bring your questions...

3.  General/Open Discussion on FastTrack/iX and Apache/iX.

Here, we will discuss the differences between the two servers, both running
under MPE/iX.  We'll look at CGI, FastCGO, NSAPI, as well as other servers
both on MPE, and those that can operate with MPE such as NT-based servers
(IIS, O'Reilly Website) and all of their APIs and interoperability products.

4.  Encryption Technologies - Legalese and other issues

In this segment, we will discuss where we are on the export of 128-bit
encryption outside of the US and Canada, as well as how to obtain your SSL
keys and what these keys provide.  We'll also discuss servers which can
provide SSL capabilities, and which ones still don't.

5.  Open Q&A:  If there's time, we'll have an open Q&A

If you are not planning to attend IPROF, but have a question regarding any
of these subjects, please e-mail them to [log in to unmask], so that they
may be asked.