HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 3

From:
Brian Duncombe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Duncombe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:41:13 -0500
At 11:13 AM 3/19/98 -0500, Therm-O-Link wrote:

>Hmmmmmm.  Does this seem to be slightly unethical (possibly illegal) to
>anyone else?  I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that if you have
>licensed software for a specific time period, with a specific expiration
>date, then it's tough cookies when that date arrives and the software
>expires, even if the company is out of business and/or no longer
>supporting the software.  After all, the terms and conditions of the use
>of the software are spelled out in the license agreement, so you really
>have no one to blame but yourself if you get bit by this.
>
>Just my $.02 worth.
>
>Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems

You seem to be missing the point!

Flexibase is one of that class of programs that changes database
capacities, structures, etc.
I believe that what is being asked is whether or not Flexibase will provide
data conversion tools to "reformat" items in the database(s) for Y2K.

Brian Duncombe  [log in to unmask]  http://www.triolet.com
"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right."
          Henry Ford