HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 3

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:54:26 -0500
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> > Joe Alexander <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >
> > >And here's what that vendor says (among other things) in their kiss-off
> > >letter: "many factors have contributed to this decision, but chief among>
> > >them is the overwhelming fact that the number of HP3000s is rapidly
> > >diminishing". Ouch! Harry, Roy, say it ain't so...
> >
> > Okay, that's enough for me.  Even though Cort is pushing their PC-Based >
> > package as a replacement for their HP-based system, I'll be d@mned if >
> > I give them any more of my (our) money.
> >
> > So, who else has a payroll package that runs on the HP?

From the online vendor/product directory on www.3k.com; under personnel/
payroll, we have:

  Cort Directions, Inc.
  ID Enterprises, Inc.
  Idaho Computer Services, Inc.

Under Accounting:
  Abacus Data Systems, Inc.
  Abast Systems S.A.
  Access Data, Inc.
  BI-TECH Software, Inc.
  Chris Schaefer & Company
  Collier-Jackson
  Compuserve/Collier-Jackson
  Computer Financial Services, Inc.
  Compumetric Systems, Ltd.
  Genesis Total Solutions, Inc.
  GTS Computer Systems, Inc.
  Hawthorne Computer
  Hewlett-Packard
  Idaho Computer Services, Inc.
  IRIS Computer Planning Ltd.
  Lawson Software
  MCBA, Inc.
  Mitchell, Humphrey & Co.
  Multiview Corporation
  OpenPlus (formerly SATCOM)
  Orion Group Software Engineers
  PeopleSoft Inc.
  Performing Technologies
  Ross Systems, Inc.
  Smith, Dennis & Gaylord, Inc.
  Speedware Corporation
  Vanguard Computer Services, Ltd.

So... it seems there's a FEW choices out there. Product info and vendor
contact info are all on the web pages as well.

            -Chris Bartram