HP3000-L Archives

March 1998, Week 3

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:44:21 -0500
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> <snip>
> > > ... The output file created by the extract program on the 3000
> > > is 23GB.  ...
> <snip>
> > > So I suppose I can change the disc-to-tape file equate and call it
> > > a labelled tape?  (last time I worked in tape and labels was on
> > > MPE/V)  This would create a file of multiple tapes but I am totally
> > > unclear as to what will happen when this file hits the 9000.
> <snip>

I have no idea if this'll actually work, but have you tried doing your
extract in the (posix) shell, and perhaps piping the output from the
extract to compress or pkzip, which would then write out only the
compressed data file? Seems like it oughta work (in theory) - assuming
you can run the extract process in the shell...

       -Chris Bartram