HP3000-L Archives

February 1998, Week 4

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 06:29:45 +0200
Barry

Our clients (also Health Care Insurance industry) use LaserJet 5Si's,
full blown with extra input tray, mailbox stackers, duplex and (on one)
Postscript.

They are on the LAN using JetDirect cards, so they are generally
available to the entire network.

They print well over 200,000 pages per month, have each done many
millions of pages (3 years), and generally do not give problems.

If I was to recommend a change, it would be to look to the third party
stacker solutions, since the HP offering is not up to the usual quality,
and if there are problems, it is usually here. However, these
irritations do not generally render the printer unusable.

The client has six of these (a total of 144 pages per minute capacity),
and the redundancy delivers comfort, as well as availability.

The HP3000 handles them perfectly via npconfig.pub.sys and the spooler.

Hope this helps.

Neil