HP3000-L Archives

February 1998, Week 3

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 13:56:16 -0500
----------
> From: Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
>
> HP has moved to a Channel Assembly mechanism for their
> PC line, but I do not believe that is true for the 3000 and 9000
> systems.

OK, so what's a "Channel Assemby mechanism"?  Does this mean that HP
is supplying subassemblies to its channel aprtners and they put PC
systems together?  Seems as though HP would lose QC this way and
who would take responsibility for the entire system?  OR is a
"Channel Assemby Mechanism" an  automated assembly line?  If so, it
is a step in the right direstion for all systems.  After all, QC can
be automated too with good results as long as its done right.

I just bought a HP Pavilion CPU from Best Buy and they were careful to
make it quite clear that HP was responsible for the warranty and after
ssales support.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Regards,

Nick Demos  [log in to unmask]