HP3000-L Archives

February 1998, Week 3

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 1998 10:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: IPROF: Who's going? [...]38_18Feb199804:12:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:38:18 -0500
We have a LAN here running banyan vines, using TCP/IP. We have a
hp3000 running 5.0. It uses TCP/IP. Our management wants to integrate
the two better.

In other words they think that we should be able to bring up WIN95
explorer and have the HP3000 show up as another drive. If we want too.

To me this doesn't make sense even if it could you would still need
to logon the system in order to access it, and use Reflections.

I told them this may not be possible, as I know most HP shops
run NOVELL.

We don't use open view here, never looked into it. Could this be
what they are referring to?    Any help, comments, suggestions?

Anybody want to give me a hand. Someone always does, that's the
nice part.