HP3000-L Archives

February 1998, Week 3

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:31:25 -0500
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> Has anyone tried to network print to HP Laser III printer (or any other)
> using an Emulex network printer server attached to the printer instead of
> JetDirect card/device? The device has an IP address the same as a jetdirect
> card and serves the same purpose. We keep getting these messages:
>
> CONSOLE HAS BEEN SWITCHED FROM LDEV 20 TO LDEV 158 .
> MCOA: %13:40/160/Output spooler, LDEV #300:  Started.
> 13:40/160/Output spooler, LDEV #300:  SNMP error SNMP_NoSuchName reported
> while retrieving printer status.
> Native Mode Spooler message 9656

Sounds familiar. I think someone on the list a couple months ago brought
this one up. If I recall correctly, the emulex server talks the same
protocol, but DOESN'T do the SNMP stuff that the network printing code on
the 3000 requires. So, I believe you're outta luck. The folks at RAC can
probably provide you with a third party solution that works though.

         -Chris Bartram