HP3000-L Archives

February 1998, Week 2

From:
David Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 22:31:49 -0500
Jim Fennell <[log in to unmask]> wrote in article <01bd366c$20ecce40$508d1ec0@mam008>...
> What are my options to access IMAGE data on the 3000 from a Java program
> running on the same box?
>
> Has anyone gotten any Java programs running on the 3000 accessing IMAGE
> databases? What works? What doesn't? How well does the TurboIMAGE package
> for Java (http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/java/TurboIMAGE/index.html) work?
>
> Is it possible to use ODBC/SE to access IMAGE databases from programs
> running on the 3000? Is it advisable to do this? I've got Java programs
> running on the desktop (Win95) accessing IMAGE databases using ODBC (MB
> Foster ODBCLink 32), but I'm not sure how that works when accessing the
> data on the 3000 FROM the 3000.
>
> Trying to brew Java on the 3000,

Look what's brewing at Advanced Network Systems

<< Plug Alert >>

Our ADBC Java classes access IMAGE data from any platform including the HP3000.  We access IMAGE data the most optimal way possible.  Our  Classes communicate directly  with native IMAGE INTRINSICS!!!

We are proud to announce a major ADBC Developer's Kit software release at the end of May!  We have converted our ADBC API's  to JavaBeans.  JavaBeans are components that you piece together, changing properties, and triggering events to build powerful ADBC Java Applets.  This is accomplished using Visual tools offered by many vendors.  We will be following standards set by Sun Microsystems and our Beans will be "Sun Certified!"

Sun has created a tool that will bridge Beans to ActiveX controls.  This will allow you to use the ADBC JavaBeans as ActiveX controls in any product that supports ActiveX controls (VisualBasic, PowerBuilder, PowerPoint, Excel).  NO MORE ODBC OVERHEAD FOR YOUR IMAGE DATABASE!!!!   You can use these controls in any application to quickly access data from your IMAGE database.  I have also used prototypes to demonstrate quick data extracts for PowerPoint presentations.

We will also deliver JavaBeans specifically for MM//3000, as well as for operating system functions.

ADBC is very secure and has MPE Security built right into the driver.  It also provides a firewall to protect your data from unauthorized intruders.

Please check for more details in the February issue of "The 3000 News Wire" or visit our web site(www.advnetsys.com/bean.html).

If you are interested in a demo or information, please send email to:  [log in to unmask]

ADBCÒ is a registered trademark of Adager Corporation (www.adager.com).   The ADBC Developer's Kit is a fully authorized, and licensed implementation of ADBC.

<< End Plug >>

Dave Thatcher    [log in to unmask]
Advanced Network Systems, Inc.      www.advnetsys.com
42 Cartier Drive
Franklin Park , NJ 08823

Direct Number:  (908) 231-5342    Main Office (732) 821-8893