HP3000-L Archives

February 1998, Week 1

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:01:15 -0800
Denys writes:

> In one of my earlier postings (a few months ago), I stated that I had
> planned to take out the management roundtable, because it was, in my
> opinion, a waste of time and it interfered with the program.  I was
> overruled last year because the MRT had already been promised to HP.  My
> term as chair of the conference ended at the closure of the Chicago
> conference.  The baton was passed to David Bird of the Hertz corporation.
>
> I suggested to him at transition time, that he delete the MRT.  I suggest
> you take it up with him and with Interex directly.

Surprise, Denys ... HP & Interex have already conspired to remove the
Management Roundtable ... we certainly didn't have a real one in 1997,
and we haven't had one that's fulfilled its promises to the users
(to answer all questions) for *YEARS*.

Looks like the only people who thought we might have had a Management
Roundtable were the real losers: us, the users.

SS