HP3000-L Archives

January 1998, Week 4

From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:42:35 -0800
>Is there anyone out there that can help me with a HP 2563A printer
>configuration.  I have a customer with an old series 42 with a 2563A
>hooked up to it and they need to take it out of compressed print.  I was
>able to find an old manual, but it's instructions on setting it back to
>10cpi don't gel with the displays on the printer.  If anyone has any
>ideas please let me know.
>
>Chris Miller, Sales manager
>Genesis Total Solutions, Inc.

There are two possible ways to set the print size.

The original way was to hold the CONFIG button down and tap the FINE ADJ up
arrow until the display shows a 4. Let up on all buttons.  The display
should now say 16.7 (since it is in compressed print).  Push the FINE ADJ
button (once I think) and the display will change to say 10.0.  Push the
ENTER button and you should be all set.

Method 2 (for the newer machines) is to hold the CONFIG button down and tap
the FINE ADJ up arrow until the display says 1.  Let up on all buttons and
then push the FINE ADJ down button until a 0 show in the display.  This is
the default font and should be in full sized mode.  Press the ENTER button
and the machine should be in non-compressed mode now.

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.

Gary

Gary Jackson
Nevada CSOS
(530) 478-6407 - voice