HP3000-L Archives

January 1998, Week 3

From:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:11:51 -0500
Here is the job I use to abort our backup job. I schedule this job so
that it starts abort 40 minutes after normal backup ending time. This
allows for some variance. Sometimes tapes can be marginal or tape drive
is dirty and many retries can cause the backup to go longer. But the
way, we use RoadRunner from Unison.
John Zoltak
North American Mfg Co

!JOB BACKCHEK,NA.COPY;HIPRI;OUTCLASS=CSLASER
!
!TELL BACKUP,NA.COPY HELLO, ARE YOU THERE?
!IF CIERROR=1619 THEN
!   Comment There was no session found that matched this ID. (CIWARN
1619)
!   SET STDLIST=DELETE
!   EOJ
!ENDIF
!
!Comment Next Program gives operator commands to user
!OPCOMS
!
!ABORTJOB BACKUP,NA.COPY
!
!Comment Here we find an outstanding reply for LDEV#7 and reply N
!
!ErrClear
!Recall
!If CiError=0 Then
!   Build Recall;Rec=-80,,,Ascii;Msg;Temp
!   File Recall,OldTemp;Dev=Disc;Temp
!   Recall > *Recall
!
!   Comment *** flush first line
!   Input Recall < *Recall
!
!   Comment *** now read the outstanding reply
!   Input Recall < *Recall
!
!   SetVar n pos('LDEV#7','!Recall')
!   If n > 0 Then
!      SetVar i pos("/",'!Recall',2) + 1
!      SetVar j pos("/",'!Recall',3) - 1
!      SetVar pin str('!Recall', i, -j)
!      Reply !pin,N
!   EndIf
!EndIf
!
!Comment Here we loop no more than 10 times trying to abortjob,abortio
!SETVAR CTR 10
!WHILE CTR>0
!   ABORTIO 7
!   ABORTJOB BACKUP,NA.COPY
!   PAUSE 10
!
!   ERRCLEAR
!   TELL BACKUP,NA.COPY HELLO, ARE YOU THERE?
!   IF CIERROR=1619 THEN
!      SETVAR CTR 0
!   ELSE
!      SETVAR CTR CTR-1
!   ENDIF
!ENDWHILE
!
!Comment If we succeded and the job is gone, restart our normal
processes
!ERRCLEAR
!TELL BACKUP,NA.COPY HELLO, ARE YOU THERE?
!IF CIERROR=1619 THEN
!   Comment There was no session found that matched this ID. (CIWARN
1619)
!   STREAM UNBACKUP.JOB
!ENDIF
!EOJ