HP3000-L Archives

January 1998, Week 3

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:36:28 -0600
At 08:59 PM 1/19/98 -0600, Larry Boyd wrote:
/snip
>Additionally, I believe both ADAGER and DBGENERAL have interfaces which
shadow using SharePlex/NetBase.

<plug-alert - Product Info>

Just as DBGENERAL supports TPI, it also supports TPS. DBGENERAL versions 7.1
and greater provide shadowing of database changes both when conducted on-line
or via batch depending upon the user's need.  Recently we added additional
capabilities to DBGeneral which utilize non-intrusive features to verify that
the environment is properly setup before one conducts any changes.  This is to
prevent de-synchronization of the master and shadowed bases should there be a
problem with the environment setup.

/snip

>I believe the DBGENERAL and ADAGER interfaces will handle erasing a
database/set >correctly.

Erasing the database or a set is indeed one of the many database activities
that
DBGENERAL will perform on the shadowed base, keeping the environment in sync.

</end-plug>

Also, while recently assisting a user who utilized both TPI and TPS, a
scenario was uncovered which may require the patches TIXKX11 for C.06 IMAGE
and TIXJXW2 for C.07 IMAGE.  If you are using both these features of IMAGE
you may want to contact the HPRC and review this with them.  If you need
additional info, feel free to call our Tech Support staff (800/621-2808).

/jf
                              _\\///_
                             (' o-o ')

                        Tuesday, January 20th