HP3000-L Archives

January 1998, Week 3

From:
"Kevin L. Newman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 07:47:39 -0500
I don't know about all of the comments in this thread, but I happen to own one
of those heavy, gas guzzling cars.  It is simple, like the 3000.  Easy to work
on, like the 3000.  I'm in the process of taking some after-market parts and
updating the 10 mile/gallon guzzler that has 140 hp and just meets the emissions
for this model of car, and it will become a car the gets 20 miles/gallon, runs
cleaner than it ever has, and it will have 295-315 hp.

As for the 3000, with a little bit of after-market work, ie: image/sql, odbc,
posix, and those pesky little third party software packages; you get one heck of
a fast, reliable, and robust computer!

I, for one, am pleased with the way HP has been evolving the HP3000.  The only
two things that I haven't liked are:  1. The slow speed which they are doing it,
relative to the rest of the marketplace, and 2. The lack of marketing for this
stable, robust product.

Kevin Newman