HP3000-L Archives

January 1998, Week 3

From:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 10:53:51 -0500
Svein,
        My solution to the hung backup problem is this. Our backup job
starts at 3:00 am and usually takes 1:30 to run. When the backup runs it
also schedules a job at 5:10 am. This job checks to see it the backup is
still running. If not it just ends. If still running it will abortjob
the backup, abortio the tape device, and reply no to any outstanding
replies for the tape device. This usually aborts the backup job.
Hope this helps.
John Zoltak
North American Mfg Co