HP3000-L Archives

January 1998, Week 1

From:
WirtAtmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WirtAtmar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 12:07:26 EST
Peter Hecht writes:

> I was unclear.  We have an HP3000 and create files via SUPRTOOL to
>  download to our Novell 312.  We then bring it into FoxPro and create
>  applications and ad-hoc reporting.
>
>  I want to make the hours of downloading reduced.

Wouldn't you be far better off moving your reports to the HP3000 where they
can be executed with far greater efficiency and ease? Trying to reduce
download times may be solving the completely wrong problem. Eliminating all of
the manipulations that you're going through now would not only save you hours
of downloading, it could also free up an enormous amount of personnel time
that you must be consuming now.

Wirt Atmar