HP3000-L Archives

January 1998, Week 1

From:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 12:30:01 -0500
Thus it was written in the epistle of Denys P. Beauchemin,

> DOJ is furious and says that MS is playing games, MS says DOJ doesn't know
> what it wants, but they are following the letter of the judge's orders.
>
> Netscape has revealed recently that revenue from browser sales is no longer
> an important segment of revenue for them.  They do lots of consulting, and
> server software sales and support.  They are now considering giving their
> browser away!

So the sum total is this:
  1) M$oft is mad and following the letter of the law despite the fact that
they know what was intend and that doing as they have done breaks the OS and
makes life worse for the OEM's and users.
  2) The DOJ is mad and trying to muck with stuff they don't understand.
  3) Netscape doesn't need the protection that DOJ is supposedly providing in
the first place.
  4) I'm giving up trying to explain, defend (or understand) any of the above
entities and am going to back to writing stuff on my HP.

Thanks for the explanation.  Have a great new year!

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Serv, Southern Adventist University
Mathematics is the tool specially suited for dealing with abstract concepts