HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 5

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 10:59:49 -0700
DBGeneral apparently doesn't maintain the DDX increment as an even divisor
of the difference between max and initial capacities.  Adager has a problem
with this during its consistency check because it enforces that rule, and
it will ask you to correct the DDX capacity specs to conform.  We stopped
using DBGeneral for any database transformations some time ago until
Bradmark could fix this, but we also use their Superdex product, and the
index dataset (SI) it creates is DDX-enabled, so we have to fix that set
with Adager whenever we rebuild our Superdex indexes.

Lee Gunter
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon / Regence HMO Oregon

mailto:[log in to unmask]
voice...503-375-4498    fax.....503-375-4401
The opinions expressed, here, are mine and mine alone, and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.