HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 4

From:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 20:49:49 -0800
There is such a critter except it will perform the dump to disk
instead of tape.  It's called AutoRestart/iX.  Here is the description
in the LaserRom:
What Is AutoRestart/iX?

AutoRestart/iX is a software product that automatically restarts your
system in the event of a system software failure.  It minimizes system
recovery time and automatically saves system state information to disk
using data compression, for later analysis.

If the system fails, AutoRestart/iX resets the system, dumps failure
state information to disk, then restarts the system.

This fully automatic process requires no operator intervention.  In
addition, dump-to-disk takes substantially less time than the traditional
dump-to-tape method.

Once the system transfers error information to disk, you can begin
problem analysis.  This saves you from transferring error information
from tape to disk.  You can perform problem analysis locally or remotely.

NOTE  AutoRestart/iX is supported on MPE/iX release A.40.00 or later.

Regards,
Michael L Gueterman
Easy Does It Technologies
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.editcorp.com
voice: (888) 858-EDIT -or- (509) 943-5108
fax:   (509) 946-1170
--