HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 00:41:08 +0100
At 11:56 16.12.1997 -0500, you wrote:
>Your post re the long running system got me thinking -- how can I tell
>when the machine was last booted, given that there are no jobs or
>sessions still running that were started when it was last booted? I
>promise I won't use the information to start a "mine's been up longer
>than yours" campaign :-)

I believe SYSINFO.PRVXL.TELESUP has some option (maybe "MISC") to display
last install, last update, last start and possibly last dump... If you run
it without parameters you should be able to enter HELP to see options.

Just make sure that your SYSINFO is not an old MPE/V version (file code
PROG) instead of a (current) MPE/iX version (file code NMPRG). Otherwise
you might be at risk to enter the "Zero Candles, no Cake" contest...

Lars (SYSINFO is probably delivered by PowerPatch nowadays)